Friday, January 29, 2010

Implementation Plan

I must say I am at the baby step stage of using the Web 2.0 Tools and I haven't quite decided how to incorporate them into my library lessons. One thing I've realized over the years (25 years as a teacher) is that often we'll get in the middle of a project and it'll take a turn and the need to learn how to do something will get me to use new (to me) technology. Last year this happened with a project on the U.S. Presidents... the kids wrote a 1st person narrative as a President about their life and accomplishments then made a podcast. This was my first experience with podcasts and the students came up with the added step and then basically showed me how to make a podcast and save it. The step that didn't get completed was taking those podcasts and putting them on a website that parents/students could access. I would like to see if I can take final step and get the website done... I think the cooltoolsforschools website would probably have the key to doing that. I would like to have a hand holder helper to get me going in the right direction. I see the potential but I'm not much of an adventurer when it comes to trying things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment