Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 8- Thing 19

I'm going a bit out of order but since I had already looked a bit at Librarything (thing 11) I decided to go ahead and do the activities for thing 19. I decided to catalog a list of books I had purchased for my daughter who is finishing up her degree in music education. I tagged the books and set up a list for her. What I thought was neat about the tags was being able to look at other tags for these books and get ideas for books from what others were selecting on their lists. I plan to have my daughter look through these other recommended books for additional ideas to add to her collection. I like the feature that shows the book cover and I noticed that in some of the comments teaching ideas were shared- I imagine she'll find this very useful.

1 comment:

  1. Added note... I looked at the "Name that book" feature and think this will be great for me to use in the library when parents ask... I'm thinking of a book...I've been fairly successful just asking our network of ASD librarians when these questions come up but sometimes I need to reach further.

    ReplyDelete